Another OU football book
Another OU football book is on the market: ”The Die-Hard Fan’s Guide to Sooner Football,” written by Jim Fletcher.
If any subject is well-covered in books, it’s Sooner football, especially general history OU football. If someone wants to do a biography on Bob Stoops or Bennie Owen, or a story of World War II veterans in college football, or a story of integration of Sooner sports, well, those are topics that haven’t been saturated.
I only scanned Fletcher’s book, but I will applaud him for this: I saw an Emory Bellard story I never had come across before. Bellard is credited with inventing the wishbone as Darrell Royal’s offensive coordinator in the 1960s. I won’t spoil the story, but it’s danged interesting.
The book is organized into some interesting elements; it has a variety of questions-and-answer interviews, and an compelling segment on the greatest overlooked Sooners of all time. It’s not the worst OU football book on the market. You might find it of value.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 11466Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients