Paris: Turnabout is fair play
I received an interesting call this week. Someone wanted to interview me.
That happens on occasion. Radio stations call a lot. Other writers, looking for background on a story. Students working on a paper.
A student called this week. Except this one was different. This student had been interviewed by me.
Courtney Paris. Paris is a journalism major, working on some capstone course, and she’s writing a paper about the relationship between columnists and coaches. OU basketball publicist Jared Thompson checked to see if it was OK if Paris called me, which was considerate but not necessary. Just because athletes need a shield from the media doesn’t mean the media needs a shield from the athletes.
Anyway, I don’t know if I helped her, though I tend to talk pretty frank with students who call. I make my living hoping people will talk with me; I think it’s in poor taste to not reciprocate.
We talked about the Mike Gundy rant and we talked about Sherri Coale and Sean Sutton and other coaches. I hope it helped her.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83313Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 56374Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33323Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23846Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 23231Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8483Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8265Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 8253Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7999Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7772Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients