Big 12 won’t fill bowl slots
Big 12 football has eight bowl slots. It figures to fill only six of them.
With the top-heavy nature of the Big 12, the league figures to get two BCS bowl berths, but it looks like only seven Big 12 teams will become bowl eligible.
If Colorado beats Nebraska on Nov. 28, the Buffs would finish 6-6 and make a bowl. But that game’s in Lincoln, and Colorado probably will lose.
That would leave the Independence Bowl and the Texas Bowl scrambling for teams.
Texas Tech, OU, Texas, OSU and Missouri figure to jostle for the two BCS berths, the Cotton Bowl, the Holiday Bowl and the Alamo Bowl. That would likely send Nebraska to the Sun Bowl and Kansas to the Insight Bowl.
If the Gator Bowl passes on Notre Dame, then a Big 12 team is headed to Jacksonville instead of El Paso’s Sun Bowl. But don’t bet on that.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22254Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17756Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12801Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10958Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10241Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9718Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8905OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6440Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 5651Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5121Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients