E.Z. Million has a point
E.Z. Million called the other day. He made a very good point, which is not always what you get with E.Z., who likes to tie in the location of the OU-Texas game with Oklahoma’s declining congressional delegation.
Anyway, I’ve known E.Z. for almost 30 years, and he’s almost always got something interesting to say. And this week was very interesting.
All this BCS controversy? Wouldn’t have happened if OU-Texas wasn’t in Dallas. 2008 is an OU home game year; the game would have been at Owen Field if it had not been played at the Cotton Bowl.
E.Z. says, and who among us can disagree?, that OU would have won that game if played in Norman, because OU wins every game in Norman.
He’s got a point. Win that game, and all this mess goes bye-bye (same with Texas in Lubbock, by the way).
E.Z. likes to say that if OU moved Texas to Norman in even-numbered years, the Longhorns still would play the Sooners in Dallas in odd-numbered years. He’s dead wrong about that. No way would the ‘Horns come to Norman without making the Sooners go to Austin.
And think how tilted the OU schedule would be, at least as long as Tech reigns supreme over Texas A&M, which frankly looks like it could be awhile, so long as Mike Leach still drives the wide streets of Lubbock.
In even-numbered years, OU would get Tech and Texas at home, while going to Stillwater and College Station. Huge advantage, Sooners, and it would be difficult to envision a scenario where OU wouldn’t be a huge South favorite every even-numbered year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19121Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6569Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6311OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5835Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4411Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4396Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3956Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3349Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3325Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients