Is Missouri the North’s best?
OU plays Missouri for the Big 12 football championship on Saturday, and while all the focus has been on whether Sooners are deserving to represent the South, maybe the question belongs up North, too.
Missouri and Nebraska tied for the Big 12 North Division title at 5-3, followed by Kansas at 4-4. Mizzou won the tiebreaker, routing Nebraska 52-17.
But upon closer inspection, the North was a three-way tie, too. Missouri, Nebraska and Kansas each finished 4-1 against North teams. Mizzou beat Nebraska, Nebraska beat Kansas and KU beat Missouri, the latter game just last week.
Kansas finished behind Nebraska and Missouri for the simplest of reasons: the Jayhawks had to play all three of the South Division powers. KU played OU, Texas and Texas Tech, losing to all three.
Nebraska played Tech and OU, but not Texas.
Missouri played Texas but not Tech or OU.
Truth is, Missouri has been no more impressive than Kansas or Nebraska. The Tigers lost big to Texas and at home to Oklahoma State. Mizzou barely escaped Baylor with a victory.
Some people are arguing that OU doesn’t belong in the Big 12 title game. You could make the same argument about Missouri.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients