Fired up for Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve is one of my favorite days of the year. Even professionally.
Christmas Eve is the day I write my annual Christmas column, which always is a collection of Christmas stories from people in the sporting world. I talk to two or three locals, then I scour my books for two or three more. I also write it in mystery; I don’t tell you who the subject is until the very last line.
In the past, I’ve done Chris Paul, Bob Stoops, Harry Birdwell, Mick Cornett and a host of other Oklahomans. I’ve also went through biographies and done Lou Gehrig, Johnny Unitas, Wilt Chamberlain and a host of other legends.
It’s fun to do, and I hope you enjoy it.
Christmas Eve also gets me fired up because I’m usually just off some preliminary Christmas celebration. Last night, we met at my mom’s house because my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter have to leave for Waco, Texas, tonight for Christmas with J.J.’s family.
So we got together with my mom to give my granddaughter and my 1-year-old nephew their gifts. I got the best gift, though, and it didn’t come in a box.
My good friends, the Terrys and the Dunaways, stopped by to Christmas carol for us. I told you about them last year. John Terry plays rhythm guitar while his two daughters and one daughter-in-law sing a beautiful rendition of “O Holy Night.” It’s not Christmas without hearing it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19471Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14514Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10937UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9667Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8444Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7027Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5625Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5257Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 4924Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4923Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients