Here’s what I got for Christmas
As usual, I cleaned up at Christmas. Truth is, I clean up on most things in life. I’ve got to be the luckiest bloke in the world, with the family I’ve got, the friends I’ve got, the co-workers I’ve got, the job I’ve got.
Anyway, I received two gifts that will help immensely on the work side.
1. I’m typing this blog sitting in my new desk chair. For the past six months, my desk chair has been broken. I’d taken to working in the living room, at the coffee table, which wasn’t conducive to good organization, so I went back to my office and sat in the broken chair until two weeks ago, when I literally tipped over sideways, in slow motion, still in the chair. So I moved in an old wooden chair, with a Yankee seat cushion my nephew brought me from the Stadium earlier this year.
But my daughter and son-in-law gave me a lovely new desk chair, cushioned on bottom and back, so that I’m completely comfortable as I sit typing this at 3:30 a.m., unable to sleep because of a bad cold. I will use this chair literally thousands of hours a year.
2. From my wife, I got a DVR for my bedroom television.
DVR has changed my television viewing and my schedule in important ways. I no longer have to juggle my schedule around games I need to watch but not necessarily immediately.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims
- 6479Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6305Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5197Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients