Big game at the Ford Center
There’s a big game at the Ford Center today — and it’s not necessarily Bedlam. Kansas State-Texas has all kinds of NCAA Tournament ramifications.
KSU tied for fourth in the Big 12 at 9-7, but the Wildcats had a poor non-conference. Both KSU and Texas are 21-10, but KSU’s RPI rating is 73rd. Texas’ is 35th.
Most analysts say no way will KSU get an NCAA invitation. Except the Wildcats have beaten Texas in Austin. If they beat the Longhorns today, that’s two victories over UT, both south of Ark City, and KSU will have a better record and will have matched the ‘Horns in conference play.
The NCAA selection committee annually says it does not compare teams head to head. Maybe so. But it would be hard to avoid that comparison in this case.
Texas could make it easy on the committee by winning today. But Texas could make it difficult for the committee by losing.
I think Texas A&M is in the tournament despite its upset loss to Texas Tech on Wednesday night. OSU is in, too. Heck, I think Texas is in. Too many quality non-conference victories.
But Kansas State could make the committee rethink that position about not comparing head-to-head.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims
- 8657Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8525Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7578Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients