OU: Make shots, and life is good
Sometimes we overcomplicate basketball. Thursday night, OU beat Morgan State 82-54, and truth is, the Sooners would have beaten Morgan State no matter how they played. OU was simply far too superior physically for Morgan State to put up much of a threat.
But not every No. 2 seed sailed. While Duke routed Binghamton 86-62, Cal State-Northridge gave Memphis a great game, leading as late as the final eight minutes, before Memphis survived 81-70. So a No. 2 seed rout is not automatic.
And here’s why OU won big. Blake Griffin: 11-of-12 from the field. Taylor Griffin: 7-of-8 from the field. Willie Warren: 5-of-9 from the field. That’s 23-of-29 shooting from the Sooners’ big three. That’s fantastic.
The Sooners didn’t seem to force the action to their previously-slumping guards. “That’s a good thing about having Blake,” Warren said. “In the first couple of possessions, get a feel for the game. He gets it early, and once you get the feel for the flow of the game, it’s easy for us to step up because the defense is getting down to double him and opening up plays for our guards.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4013How to help tornado victims
- 3642Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3374Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients