OU: Was Michigan best matchup?
A good debate before the OU-Michigan game: Which would you rather play against, superior talent or superior coaching?
Michigan beat Clemson on Thursday to get a shot at the Sooners. Clemson clearly has more talent than does Michigan. The Tigers are more athletic, bigger, quicker. The Wolverines reminded both me and Jeff Capel of Nebraska, which in the Big 12 was called the Munchkins. Clemson clearly could match up with OU better than could Michigan.
But Michigan coach John Beilein is a tough out. He proved that at West Virginia. His teams are disciplined, well-drilled and tough. Michigan hung with the Sooners most of the game before falling 73-63.
The first half made you think OU was better off vs. Clemson. OU led just 30-29, and it seemed anybody’s game. The second half made you think OU was better off against Michigan, as Blake Griffin and Co. wore down the Wolverines.
The Sooners seemed intrigued with the question. “Before this game, I would have said a team like Clemson,” Blake Griffin said. “With our guys playing the way they did, it was really easy on me.”
His brother, Taylor Griffin, said it was probably easier “playing a team like Clemson. When you have a team that runs its system so well, they’re hard to guard.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients