Sooners looked superb vs. Syracuse
Watching the OU-Syracuse game in the first few minutes, I was reminded of what the Sweet 16 means. This is a round not for the faint of heart.
This was a game pitting two big-time teams. OU won, 84-71, primarily because it hit its shots and Syracuse didn’t, and Orange coach Jim Boeheim’s pre-game analysis proved dead on: that the Sooners would have been a No. 1 seed had Blake Griffin not been injured in February.
And here’s how you win big-time games. You get lots of players playing well. Here’s how the individual Sooners played vs. Syracuse.
Blake Griffin: Played somewhere between fantastic and terrific, but then again, he always does. Griffin’s numbers didn’t depreciate against them massive Syracuse front line, and now there’s little reason to think they will against North Carolina, either.
Willie Warren: The freshman probably played the worst of any OU starter but still was solid. Warren didn’t shoot it great, 2-of-7, but he was 2-of-5 from 3-point range and had five assists. Warren also had four turnovers but didn’t seem like it. And his defense was very good. OU needs an even better game out of Warren against Carolina, but he’s capable of producing.
Taylor Griffin: Blake’s big brother came alive in the second half and played strong against Syracuse. Typical Taylor line — 9 points on 4-of-8 shooting, 5 rebounds, 3 assists and a bunch of body blows against the Orange big men.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 77840Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16227OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13741Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11953Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11115Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11023Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 9407How to help tornado victims
- 8455Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8294Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients