Griffin-Hansbrough: Another epic matchup
OU’s Blake Griffin vs. North Carolina’s Tyler Hansbrough, with a spot in the Final Four on the line today. I wonder if Sooner fans realize how lucky they are?
Not only is OU having a school year for the ages, with great teams and great players, but the cosmos are aligning to provide the greatest of possible matchups.
Think about it. The Sooners had a Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback, and in the Big Bowl for the national championship, Sam Bradford was pitted against Florida’s Tim Tebow, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner. Showdowns between players with Heismans are rare in college football history.
Now comes another worthy duel. Griffin, who has won or will win every legit version of basketball’s Heisman, against Hansbrough, the 2008 national player of the year.
And possibly looming in what would be an NCAA women’s championship game is an Oklahoma-Connecticut game that would pit Courtney Paris, a past national player of the year, against UConn’s Maya Moore, the likely 2009 winner.
Sometimes when matchups like this keep happening, you start to think they routinely occur. But they don’t. Which is why today’s game should be appreciated.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients