Vacation comes, but check the blog
I went on vacation about 3 p.m. Sunday. Finished up a column on Sam Bradford that will run in the morning, and after that, I’m not scheduled to appear in The Oklahoman until June 24.
This is one of those do-nothing vacations. I’m not going anywhere this week. Just get caught up on some things around the house, get my reading back in gear, take my granddaughter for daily adventures to the creek or the swimming pool. Things like that.
But I’ll stay connected with readers. Time was, vacation separated me from readers. Ten, 12 years ago, email came along, so I still corresponded with some. Now we’ve got this blog, and I’ll update it daily, just like always.
The blog is an easy and fun way to pass along my thoughts on the sporting world. The NBA Finals, the draft, any college football developments.
When I first started radio in 2002, some of my bosses were concerned that I might share views over the air before they saw print, and some of that probably happened. But now, if something happens, or something pops into my head, I generally blog about it long before I get on the radio.
Also this week, I plan to grow more accustomed to my new blackberry. Right now, it’s driving me crazy and I’m pining for the old Nokia. But if I can get that blackberry down, I’m afraid I’m Twitter-bound, so I’ll be even more on the spot. Wish me luck.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients