World ends: I’m on Twitter
I have gone to the dark side. I’ve jumped the shark. I’ve begun twittering. Or is it tweeting? I better get that right or I’ll be kicked out of the runaway thumb club.
I signed up for Twitter because my bosses thought it would be a good thing, so here goes. I’m going to Twitter. I’m going to pound out a few thoughts every day, hopefully all of it interesting and none of it about routine daily activities.
I can see how it could be engaging. Like during the British Open, I could have tweeted all kinds of thoughts. How cool was Turnberry, which is so unlike many British Open courses. Whatever happened to Steve Marino, who we never even saw on Sunday?
Or the Big 12 football media days, which commence next week in Arlington. Let people know what Mack Brown just said, or Bob Stoops’ reaction to a certain question, or what Mike Leach is rambling about.
During ballgames, it can be very useful. Easier than blogging and easier to retrieve, I suppose.
I will deviate from sports on a couple of fronts. I love to read and write about restaurants, so I’ll probably do some of that. And I love to read and write about travel, so when I break away for a few days, to Arlington or Texas or Key West, I’ll let you know what I’m seeing.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 3989Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 2759Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients