OU-Miami: Day or night kickoff?
ESPN will wait until Sunday to decide the kickoff time of OU-Miami. The game will air on ESPN at either 2:30 p.m. or 7 p.m., apparently determined by how the Hurricanes do against Virginia Tech this Saturday.
A Miami victory apparently would put OU-Miami in prime time.
However, I think ABC would be better off with OU-Miami at 2:30 p.m., regardless of how Miami comes out against Virginia Tech.
USC-Cal already has been set for 7 p.m. So if OU-Miami goes to 7 p.m. also, it would become a split doubleheader, which I hate. ABC marketed its Saturday Night Football series as a college equivalent of Monday Night Football, a game for the whole nation to watch. Instead, too often it has become a regional telecast that has no special characteristics, other than Kirk Herbstreit is calling one of the games.
At 2:30 p.m., OU-Miami would share the window with Penn State-Illinois and UCLA-Stanford. The latter has no marquee value; Penn State-Illinois has some, since it will be one of the few times this season the Nittany Lions line up against an opponent capable of defending itself.
Put OU-Miami at 2:30 p.m., and it would be the major game of the window. Put OU-Miami at 7 p.m., and it would share the spotlight with USC-California, which is likely a showdown for the Rose Bowl.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3513Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3480How to help tornado victims
- 3393Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients