Nebraska takes command in Big 12 North
The Big 12 North football race might be over just as soon as it began. Nebraska’s 27-12 win at Missouri on Thursday night did more than put the Cornhuskers in the driver’s seat to win the division. It made Nebraska the overwhelming favorite. Here’s why:
Iowa State and Kansas State never had a chance, and Colorado, the team with the easiest schedule, has proven to be a dud. So that leaves three real contenders: Nebraska, Missouri and Kansas.
Nebraska has won at Missouri. And while the Huskers have to go to Kansas, on Nov. 16, the Jayhawks have the division’s roughest schedule. The Jayhawks host OU, then go to Texas Tech and Texas. For KU to win the division, they probably need to win two of those three, which will be a tall order.
Nebraska’s crossover games against the South are not nearly as tough. OU and Texas Tech come to Lincoln, and neither are the juggernaut they were a year ago. And the Huskers’ trip to Baylor has softened with the Bears’ loss of quarterback Robert Griffin.
Missouri — which took a 12-0 lead into the fourth quarter Thursday night — is the big loser. The Tigers also have a rugged schedule. They play at Oklahoma State, host Texas and host Baylor. The Tigers also play Kansas on the neutral field of Arrowhead Stadium.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients