Thunder: Time to draft AC/DC
AC/DC, the rock band whose “Thunderstruck” has become a theme song of the NBA team here in Oklahoma City, plays in Dallas on Nov. 2. AC/DC then has a day off before a Nov. 4 concert at the Ford Center in OKC. On Nov. 3, the Thunder hosts the Lakers.
Are you thinking what I’m thinking? I’m thinking what a reader thought when he emailed me with the idea of having lead guitarist Angus Young, a rock legend, show up and play “Thunderstruck” into riff.
“That would be a blast,” the reader wrote. And I agree.
Clay Bennett, Gary Desjardins, Mo Cheeks, Kevin Durant, I don’t care who. Somebody call in some markers and get AC/DC and Angus Young in the building for the Lakers. Not that Oklahoma City needs amped up for Kobe and the lads, but the Ford Center would rock like never before if AC/DC jump-started the atmosphere.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients