Sooner basketball in trouble for March Madness
OU’s men’s basketball team fell to 8-4 Monday night with an 89-74 loss to Texas-El Paso in the All-College Classic, and suddenly, a berth in the NCAA Tournament seems a mighty tall order for the Sooners.
OU likely will take a 9-5 record into Big 12 play. The Sooners play at Gonzaga and host Maryland-Eastern Shore before opening the conference. That 9-5 record will not glitter.
The Sooners have played a very solid schedule, but it’s not like those five defeats will be to powerhouses. Houston is 6-3, including a loss to San Diego in Alaska. San Diego is 5-8. UTEP and Virginia Commonwealth both are 7-2, and while neither has electrifying wins, their losses aren’t bad. And Gonzaga won’t be a bad loss, and would be a great win; the Zags are 8-3.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients