NFL Combine: Briscoe credits Mangino
Kansas flanker Dezmon Briscoe declared for the NFL Draft the same week his coach, Mark Mangino, was fired. Briscoe said Mangino “told me he felt like I was ready. Him saying that made me feel good.”
Briscoe, out of Cedar Hill, Texas, said his mother wanted him to stay in school, since she’d never attended college and wanted her son to get his degree. “But I promised her I’d go back for my degree,” Briscoe said.
Briscoe called Mangino a “phenomenal coach. He helped me mature as a player and a man.”
So did Mangino get a raw deal in getting fired, reportedly for mistreatment of players. “I’m not sure,” Briscoe said. “I’m not going to comment on that.”
But Briscoe said he still keeps in contact with Mangino. They talked just a few days ago to check on each other.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients