NFL Combine: Spagnuolo talks McCoy, Bradford
Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo is a defensive guy. Coordinated the Giants’ Super Bowl-champion defense before jumping aboard the St. Louis ship of misery.
But Spagnuolo says that doesn’t mean he’ll campaign for St. Louis to draft a defensive tackle (Ndamokung Suh or Gerald McCoy) over a quarterback (Sam Bradford).
“I know we all get labeled,” Spagnuolo said. “You gotta look at it as what’s best for the team.”
Spagnuolo did offer the following thoughts:
On the differences between OU’s McCoy and Nebraska’s Suh. “I’m always the type of person to say you haven’t watched enough tape. But it’s two great football players that are going to be great in this league. Dominant defensive tackles, somebody who’s going to change the game. Give offensive coordinators around the league headaches.”
On whether the beleaguered Rams, 1-15 last year and undergoing an ownership change, will feel pressure to take a quarterback: “I don’t know that we’ll get wrapped up in that. Any picks takes a risk.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients