NFL Combine: Will Chiefs go for Bryant?
The Chiefs are expected to take an offensive tackle at No. 5 overall in the NFL Draft, which means Oklahoma State’s Russell Okung is in play. But Kansas City could be tempted to take a wide receiver, which brings OSU’s Dez Bryant into the picture.
“The wide receiver position, we have to be better,” said Chiefs coach Todd Haley. “If you could go through our season, dropped balls were a major issue.
“That’s an area we have to improve. We led the league in drops. When you have that amount of drops, it has an affect on everybody, but it has a direct effect on the quarterback.”
Matt Cassell, signed a year ago away from New England, actually is a Kansas City strength. A young quarterback who played reasonably well. Of course, protecting that asset is important, too.
“When you win four games, you have needs in a lot of areas,” Haley said. “We just want to add good football players.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13758Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9630Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9095Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8238Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6533Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6005Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5369Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4740Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4592Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4132Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients