NFL Combine: Clausen says he’s misunderstood
Jimmy Clausen says he went to Notre Dame because it would prepare him for this. Being an NFL rookie.
“That’s the best way to replicate what it was going to be like as an NFL rookie,” said Clausen, who is expected to be the second quarterback picked, behind Sam Bradford. “Charlie Weis is the reason I went to Notre Dame.”
Weis is out as the Irish coach; he’s now the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs. And Clausen is about to enter the NFL and wants people to know he’s misunderstood. That the perception is wrong that he’s cocky, arrogant, not a good leader, not a good teammate.
“I’m a humble kid, love to hang out,” the Notre Dame quarterback said Saturday on the Combine podium. “Watch a lot of film with receivers. Guys stay at the house with my family.
“I realize in the fish bowl at Notre Dame, being the quarterback at Notre Dame, you have to act a certain way. I knew Notre Dame was really big, but until I had to deal with it a little bit … I’m a better person, a better player because of that.”
Clausen said his strengths are “taking care of the football, accuracy, playing under center. Durability, playing while hurt. Bringing my team back to the fourth quarter.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients