NFL Combine: Dillard seeks a job
Nebraska linebacker Phillip Dillard, a Jenks High School graduate, comes across as a guy. Says he’ll come across as a nice guy when talking with NFL officials at the Combine.
But on the field, Dillard plays mad. “Whenever I step out on that field, I take it personal,” Dillard said. “Like the other side is trying to show us out.”
Dillard said he didn’t take it personal against OU last season, when the Huskers beat the Sooners 10-3 and Dillard had eight tackles, a sack and an interception.
Dillard said he was recruited by OU, but “I wasn’t recruited as hard, because I was an in-state guy. That’s the way it seemed.”
Dillard is projected as a late-round pick.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients