NFL Combine: Suh wants to be No. 1
Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamokung Suh wants to be the No. 1 pick. “I just like to be No. 1,” Suh said.
The Rams hold that fate in their hands. Barring a trade, St. Louis will choose between Suh and a couple of Sooners, Gerald McCoy and Sam Bradford.
There is growing momentum for McCoy over Suh, due to a perceived better pass rush. Suh, speaking Saturday at the Combine, said not so fast.
Suh said Nebraska’s read-and-react defensive philosophy makes it more difficult to showcase pass-rushing skills. “Gerald had that opportunity a little bit more,” Suh said. “He had the freedom” to head upfield immediately.
Suh said he and McCoy are friends — they met after the OU-Nebraska game last season — and that he’ll be happy for McCoy if McCoy goes No. 1.
But Suh isn’t lacking for confidence. “I laid a great foundation” at Nebraska, Suh said. “I won’t take all the credit, but I will take some credit. I definitely feel I laid it all on the line.”
Suh said he had brunch with officials from the Detroit Lions, who hold the No. 2 pick, and plans to meet with the Rams tonight.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients