NFL Combine: OU’s Brown desires heavy load
Chris Brown says he can carry the load at running back. Not that he ever has. Or not that most NFL teams want a full-load tailback. Not even Adrian Peterson’s employer relies on a single-back system.
“I’ve always shared time,” Brown said of his Oklahoma days, when he backed up Adrian Peterson and shared time with Allen Patrick and DeMarco Murray.
“It’s always sub, sub, sub, sub. In, out. In, out. Complementary back, that’s what people think of me. My plan is to prove people wrong.”
Brown measured in at 5-103/4, 210 pounds. He’s projected as a middle- to late-round pick.
“I’m just hoping to open someone’s eyes,” Brown said. “Showcase my ability. I think I’m prepared for it. It’s a big challenge.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients