NFL Combine: Eric Berry charms
The same charm we saw out of Eric Berry during the Thorpe Award banquet was on display Sunday at the NFL Combine.
When the Tennessee safety was asked if he was working out at the Combine, Berry said yes, “its the Combine, not a fashion show.”
Berry’s confidence came through. He’s projected as a top-five pick, even though safeties rarely go that high. Some compare him to Baltimore Ravens star Ed Reed. “I think it’s a fair comparison,” Berry said. “Off potential. Obviously, Ed Reed’s done a lot more in the NFL than I have. But I feel I can do some of the same things he has done. But I’m on pace to be Ed Reed or better.”
Powerful statement, but maybe it’s true. Berry is a safety who might can play any position in the secondary. Strong safety, free safety, nickle back covering slot receivers, even cornerback.
“If you want a complete defensive back, a complete player, look at my resume’,” Berry said. “I bring a lot to the table. I’m that guy that can do whatever the coach asks.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15918Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8813OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5669Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5503OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4833Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3560Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3491Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3466As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients