Thunder: Ford Center holding dates
You want to see something cool? Go to any website that lists upcoming Ford Center dates, and you’ll find a variety of dates for the NBA’s Western Conference playoffs.
None of the dates are solid. In fact, some don’t even make sense. But it’s a pinch-me moment that Oklahoma City really is about to host the NBA playoffs.
The dates scheduled are April 17 and 19 for Games 1 and 2 of the first round, and April 27 and May 1 for Games 3 and 4. May 3, 5, 11 and 15 for Games 1-4 of the Western Conference semifinals; May 18, 20, 26 and 30 for the Western finals; and June 3, 6, 15 and 17 for the NBA Finals. I don’t know why these dates were used as a sort of mock schedule — no way would Game 3 of the first round be delayed until April 27.
The Ford Center is wide open for the NBA. It has no concerts scheduled between April 15 (Rock and Worship Roadshow) and July 20 (Lady Ga-Ga). The arena was scheduled to be closed after this season for continued renovations; the renovations will proceed, but the Ford Center will still be operational. Either way, the building is wide open for the NBA playoffs. The league, which has to work around arena schedules, can play OKC home games most anytime it wants.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3938Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3498Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients