Thunder: Playoff positions becoming clear
The NBA’s Western Conference playoff outlook is much clearer, as we go into the final seven days of the season. The Thunder is headed for the sixth, seventh or eighth seed.
Here are the current standings: 1. Lakers 55-22; 2. Mavericks 51-27; 3. Nuggets 51-27; 4. Suns 51-27; 5. Jazz 51-28; 6. TrailBlazers 48-30; 7. Spurs 48-30; 8. Thunder 48-30.
Here are the remaining games for each team.
Lakers: at Denver, at Minnesota, Portland, Sacramento, at Clippers
Mavs: at Portland, at Sacramento, at Clippers, San Antonio
Nuggets: Lakers, San Antonio, Memphis, at Phoenix
Suns: at Oklahoma City, Houston, Denver, at Utah
Jazz: at New Orleans, at Golden State, Phoenix
Blazers: Dallas, at Lakers, Oklahoma City, Golden State
Spurs: Memphis, at Denver, Minnesota, at Dallas
Thunder: Phoenix, at Golden State, at Portland, Memphis
So let’s do this. Let’s say every team wins its home games and loses its road games. Under that scenario, here are the final standings.
1. Lakers 57-25; 2. Denver 54-28; 3. Phoenix 53-29; 4. Utah 52-30; 5. Dallas 52-30; 6. Portland 51-31; 7. San Antonio 50-32; 8. OKC 50-32. Under that scenario, the Thunder is headed to a series with the Lakers.
But let’s say each team wins its home games and wins it road games against non-playoff teams. Under that scenario, this is the final standings:
1. Lakers 59-23; 2. Dallas 54-28; 3. Denver 54-28; 4. Utah 54-28; 5. Phoenix 53-29; 6. Portland 52-30; 7. Oklahoma City 51-31; 8. San Antonio 50-30.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 56820Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14719Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9122Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7282Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6520Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6448How to help tornado victims
- 6374Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6257Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6000Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5062Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients