Thunder-Lakers: Durant’s help limited
For all the talk about Russell Westbrook’s great Game 1 against the Lakers – and I’m leading the parade – and Kevin Durant’s off night, Durant still led the Thunder in scoring. He had 24 points; Westbrook had 23.
Much of that is because Durant put up 24 shots to Westbrook’s 16, but it shows how much the Thunder depends on Durant’s scoring.
Durant led the Thunder in scoring 75 times in 82 games. One of those games, he tied with James Harden for honors. Westbrook led the Thunder four times, Jeff Green twice and Harden once solo.
That’s an amazing dominance of being a team’s leading scorer. For comparison, LeBron James led the Cavaliers in scoring 73 times in 76 games (he missed six games), counting four games in which he shared scoring honors. So basically, Durant and James are about even in how often their teams depend on them to lead the squad in scoring.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26512Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17561Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8879OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8492Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8412UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7605Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6228Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5649Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4993Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients