Thunder-Lakers: Brooks gives, gets props
The Scott Brooks press conference to announce his winning the NBA coach of the year award was interesting. Brooks seemed genuinely humbled by the honor.
Brooks reeled off a long list of people he wanted to thank, starting with his family, the Thunder owners and general manager Sam Presti.
Brooks also thanked assistant coaches Maurice Cheeks, Ron Adams, Rex Kalamian, Mark Bryant and Brian Keefe, plus video coordinators Vin Bhavnani, Will Dawkins and Scott Simpson, and the medical staff.
Brooks thanked his players, and interestingly, Kevin Durant and Jeff Green showed up for the press conference. I’m sure they were asked to come by Thunder brass, but I’m also sure they had other things to do. Solid move on their part to come.
Brooks thanked Jim Lynam, coach of the Philadelphia 76ers who in 1988 gave Brooks a chance at the Sixer roster. “Not too many coaches would take a chance a non-athletic, 5-foot-11 guy as a backup point guard,” Brooks said. “He gave me the chance to fulfill my dream.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients