Thunder-Lakers: NBA’s best series
These NBA Playoffs largely have been duds. With a few notable exceptions. Ranking the eight playoff series so far.
1. Thunder-Lakers: Tied 2-2. Three tight games and an underdog blowout. The ascension of a ridiculously-young team with stars. Hard to ask for more.
2. Spurs-Mavericks: San Antonio leads 3-1, and three games have been compelling to the end. Plus the startling revelation that Manu Ginobili is the Spurs’ best player.
3. Suns-Blazers: tied 2-2. Not great games, with only one good finish. But great theater, with Portland persevering despite massive injuries and Phoenix winning despite almost blowing up its roster.
4. Jazz-Nuggets: Utah leads 3-1 despite being without Mehmet Okur and Andrei Kirilenko, while Denver has staggered without coach George Karl. The two 3-1 series in the West are led by the team without homecourt advantage.
5. Celtics-Heat: Boston leads 3-1. Hard to get excited about a series that was 3-0 Boston before Dwyane Wade went off Sunday, but at least Boston-Miami has had three single-digit finishes. The rest of the East has been awful.
6. Magic-Bobcats: Orlando leads 3-0, but at least two of the games were decently-contested. In the East, that counts as a good series.
7. Cavs-Bulls: Cleveland leads 3-1. Three blowouts and a Chicago victory.
8. Hawks-Bucks: Atlanta leads 2-1. Double-digit decision all three games.
Did you notice a trend? The best serieses are in the West.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12879Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10775OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6990Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5542Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5510Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5081Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4971OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4143Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4066Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3795As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients