Thunder-Lakers: Lots of media attention
The Thunder has garnered tons of media attention by playing the Lakers. Not just from the Los Angeles media, which is vast, but nationally. Sports Illustrated, ESPN, Yahoo, AOL. All have been following the Thunder in this series.
The Thunder has generated a ton of interest because of how they’ve played and who they’re playing. I’ve been on several radio shows across the country — Syracuse, Vancouver and Bakersfield, Calif. — just in the last 2-3 days. Here is a link to the Bakersfield interview, if you want to know the kinds of things on the minds of California media: https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8971678e60626e7db2a9
Of course, the media attention will only soar if the Thunder wins Game 6. Right now, four of the eight first-round series are over, all in less than seven games, and Phoenix-Portland could join them.
If Thunder-Lakers goes to seven games, it will be a wild scene in Los Angeles on Sunday. It could be the only first-round series to go seven, and it would be the ultimate storyline. A novice team and franchise against the stately Lakers, winning of 15 NBA titles. The media glare, led by ABC’s Sunday afternoon audience, will be huge.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8829How to help tornado victims
- 8583Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7041Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients