Thunder: Worst loss of the season?
The Thunder’s 105-101 overtime loss to Memphis the other night absolutely qualifies as a bad loss. Home game. Mediocre opponent playing without two of its top four scorers, including Rudy Gay, and playing its fourth game in five night.
The Thunder had three nights off after that game, so it’s had plenty of time to stew. So have the fans. A victory over Memphis would have been the Thunder’s fourth straight and set up Oklahoma City for a potential long winning streak going into the all-star break.
What have been the worst defeats this season for the Thunder? Several factors have to be taken into consideration. Quality of opponent. Opponent’s health. Site of game.
Here is the Thunder top five:
5. Jan. 1: 101-74 at San Antonio. Hard to put on the list a road game against the NBA’s best team, but the Thunder was so totally non-competitive, it was discouraging. The Spurs led 77-53 after three quarters.
4. Nov. 3: 107-92 at the Clippers. The season was just a week old, yet we already knew the Clippers stunk. They were 0-4, and Victory No. 2 wouldn’t arrive until Nov. 22. Yet the Thunder were run out of the Staples Center. The Clips led 85-66 with 10 minutes left.
3. Dec. 3: 111-99 at Toronto. The Raptors are 14-39, including 9-16 at home. The Thunder played without Kevin Durant, but OKC has fared well without Durant the last two seasons. Not this night. The Thunder led 59-50 late in the second quarter, but the Raptors outscored OKC 34-18 in the third quarter, and the Thunder never got closer than eight points the final 11 minutes.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims
- 3897Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3600Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3091Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients