Thunder’s Brooks moving up coaching list
The Cavaliers’ firing of Mike Brown on Monday means the Thunder’s Scott Brooks moves even higher up the list. Brooks, who just completed his first full season as the Thunder coach, now stands 17th in the NBA in coaching longevity at his current job.
Believe it or not, 13 NBA teams have made coaching changes since the Thunder elevated Brooks to the job in November 2008. Welcome to the volatile world of NBA coaching.
And of the 16 who have been on the job longer than Brooks, six have only 13 games on him. The Thunder was 13 games into the 2008-09 when P.J. Carlesimo was fired and Brooks was elevated; Dallas’ Rick Carlisle, Phoenix’s Alvin Gentry, the Knickerbockers’ Mike D’Antoni, Milwaukee’s Scott Skiles, Miami’s Erik Spoelstra and Charlotte’s Larry Brown each just completed their second full season on the job.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients