Conference realignment: Does Nebraska stay or go?
I heard Tuesday afternoon that one Big 12 president was optimistic Nebraska would stay in the Big 12. By Tuesday night, the Omaha World-Herald, which ought to know as much as anybody about the fate of the Huskers, reported that the Huskers could be gone to the Big Ten by Friday.
So who knows? It”s one gigantic mess, with some people talking and others not.
I called Arizona football coach Mike Stoops on Sunday, and he talked about a possible expansion involving Big 12 schools. Sometime Sunday, Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott issued a gag order on his league concerning expansion. I guess Mike Stoops hadn’t heard the mandate.
Tuesday night, I chatted with Arizona AD Greg Byrne during the Women’s College World Series. I told him I chatted with his football coach, and Byrne smiled and said I must have gotten to Mike before the order came down.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients