Big 12 basketball: Pullen for player of the year
Sorry for the delay in bloggins. Strange couple of days, including a drive to Kansas City for the Big 12 Tournament.
The Big 12 basketball awards are out. My thoughts:
* I would have voted for Kansas State’s Jacob Pullen, not Kansas’ Marcus Morris, for player of the year. Morris is a wonderful player. But Pullen’s value cannot be overstated. He rescued a team on the brink of collapse after a 2-5 Big 12 start. The Wildcats went 8-1 down the stretch, losing only at Colorado, when a game-winning 3-pointer was overruled by replay review.
* I like Bill Self for coach of the year. The only other candidates are KSU’s Frank Martin and Colorado’s Tad Boyle. If you credit Pullen for the K-State revival, which I do, then you can’t get too excited about doing the same thing for Martin. He helped create the initial mess. Boyle got the Buffaloes to a No. 5 seed in the Big 12 Tournament.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 78259Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30507Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 26600Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 26566Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7397Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7041Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6928Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6783Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 6285Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 5985Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients