OU basketball: Capel firing a business decision
Jeff Capel’s firing from OU basketball was nothing personal. It was strictly a business decision.
Waning attendance. Lagging ticket sales that figured to get a lot worse. Not a lot of hope for much improvement next season.
OU will have to pay Capel close to $3 million as part of the buyout; the Sooners are not expected to get out of the contract due to NCAA problems. But the Sooners figure that’s a better financial deal than sitting through what could be a lameduck year next season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 11466Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients