Big 12: Hoop coaches seeking relief
Didn’t take long for some Big 12 basketball coaches to go pulling the covers over their head. The league appears headed for an 18-game conference schedule when the Big 12 is trimmed to 10 schools in 2011.
And some coaches already are decrying the inhumanity of it all. Texas A&M coach Mark Turgeon said Monday that 18 league games is a “grind … it’s hard on a basketball team. Non-conference scheduling may change.”
A&M played a decent non-conference schedule last season, if two road games (SMU and Washington) and four neutral-court games (Clemson, West Virginia and Minnesota, all in Anaheim, Calif., and New Mexico in Houston) can be considered decent. The Aggies also played home games against Angelo State, Samford, Prairie View, Akron, North Texas, the Citadel, Northwestern Louisiana and North Dakota.
Not to pick on the Aggies. Every school plays some opponents like that.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12798Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12779Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12087OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10010Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8450Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6619Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6098Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5063Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4898Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4189'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients