OU football: Stoops likes attitude
Bob Stoops likes the work ethic of his 2011 football team. Don’t dismiss that. Stoops doesn’t always endorse his off-season Sooners. Recall that Stoops in early 2009 warned us about his offensive linemen, in particular. Said that he saw the 2005 disaster coming.
The 2011 team doesn’t compare. And that’s a good thing.
“These guys have played a lot,” Stoops said. “They do know what it takes. Their maturity, their attitude, is much like it was a year ago. I’ve liked their competitiveness. They’ve done a lot of that through the winter.”
When Stoops has said he doesn’t like the off-season work of his team, it’s been an attitude problem. Guys who hadn’t played, or hadn’t earned high expectations, seemed to have an entitlement attitude. “A lot of it is immaturity,” Stoops said.
That doesn’t seem to be the case with the 2011 Sooners.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16352OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13509Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12593Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9784Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9412Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7721Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7510Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7432'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7083Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6955Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients