OU basketball: What we’ve learned today
Here’s what we’ve learned so far today.
1. BYU’s Dave Rose isn’t interested in the OU job. An OU source said Rose was contacted but turned down a chance to pursue the Sooner job. Rose is a Utah lifer (except for his two years at Houston U. as part of Phi Slama Jama) and a devout Mormon. It wasn’t a great fit.
2. Buzz Williams’ $3.5 million buyout at Marquette is problematic. My sources say Buzz is interested in OU and OU is interested in Buzz, but that $3.5 million buyout remains a stumbling block that the Sooners can’t get past.
3. CBS Sportsline’s Gary Parrish is reporting that Memphis coach Josh Pastner is about to sign a new deal, which would end OU/Pastner speculation.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 40139Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13141Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12793New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 9982UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 8099Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 7523Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7421Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 6832Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6583Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5521Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients