Thunder: Close games a little unsettling
The Thunder’s amazing overtime performance continued Tuesday night — the Boomers beat Golden State 115-114 in OT, raising their record to 8-1 in games that went overtime. Someone wrote me and asked if that’s a little dubious, since most of OKC’s overtime victims have been bad teams. The Thunder has beaten Portland, Indiana, New Jersey, Minnesota, Washington, Phoenix, Philadelphia and Golden State. OKC lost to Memphis.
I don’t think who you beat in overtime is a major indicator of much. You can argue that it’s a wash; you should beat bad teams in overtime and you shouldn’t have gone into OT against bad teams in the first place.
But I think what’s a little unsettling is OKC’s overall record in close games. In overtime: 8-1. In games decided by one, two or three points (including some in OT): 8-4.
There are two ways to look at it. 1. The Thunder makes enough plays in tight games to win, most of the time. Foul shooting has a lot to do with it. 2. One-possession games are mostly tossup. Which could be bad for OKC. Those things to even out.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7164Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 7066UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients