Thunder signs Ivey: More defense
You’ve got to love the Thunder. Fans want the Boomers to draft a shooter, they sign Cole Aldrich. Fans want them to sign a shooter, they sign Royal Ivey.
Ivey, the old Texas point guard, has stayed in the NBA for six seasons via defense. Ivey has made 109 career starts and averaged just 3.6 points a game. His career shooting percentage is 40.7 percent. Ivey’s minutes really dwindled last season; 9.1 per game for the 76ers, then 5.0 per game after a trade to Milwaukee.
But Ivey would always guard you.
I don’t see a spot for him on this Thunder roster, which now totals 19 players not counting drafted German Tibor Pleiss. Guys like Latavious Williams, Ryan Reid and Mustafa Shakur are longshots to make the roster, but so is Ivey.
If the Thunder keeps Kyle Weaver, D.J. White and Morris Peterson, that’s 15 players. No room in the inn.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients