Big 12 football: Where’s Missouri?
It’s 9:11 a.m., and Missouri’s entourage is 11 minutes late. The Tigers flew in from Columbia, Mo., today, which is bad strategy. Come that far for a morning function and you risk it with a pre-dawn departure. Texas Tech checked into the DFW Westin on Monday night.
Mizzou coach Gary Pinkel will give us an excuse for his group’s tardiness. Wonder if Pinkel would accept that kind of excuse from a player late for practice?
It’s ridiculous. And it’s not like Missouri is facing a hostile crowd. Go into any sports media group in the middle part of America, and the crowd will be 25 percent Missouri grads. So Pinkel is alienating his own constituents.
Maybe Missouri actually flew to Chicago, thinking it was headed to Big Ten Media Days, before being turned away.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients