Big 12 football: Tech’s Colby Whitlock likes changes
Texas Tech defensive tackle Colby Whitlock, the pride of Noble, Oklahoma, USA, was a Mike Leach fan, but he’s a Tommy Tuberville fan, too.
“It’s a great change,” Whitlock said of Tech’s coaching change. “With everything that went down, it was unfortunate the way it did, but Tech made the best hire possible.”
Whitlock chatted Monday during Big 12 media days in Irving, Texas. He was very complimentary of Tuberville.
“It’s a lot more structured now,” Whitlock said. “You walk into the fieldhouse now, you know what’s going on from the start of the day until the end of the day.”
Tuberville has switched Tech’s base defense from 4-3 to 3-4. “It’s a lot more aggressive mindset on the defensive size of the ball,” Whitlock said. “You can definitely tell that defense is important to Coach Tuberville.”
That wasn’t always the case under Leach, though Tech’s defense improved in recent years.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients