Big 12 football: Beebe said OU-Texas shouldn’t move
Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe, speaking today during the league’s football media days, said the new-look Big 12 (with 10 teams) shouldn’t affect the OU-Texas game.
Beebe said the conference likely will move a regular-season game or two to the first Saturday of December to fill the void of the lost conference championship game. But he said OU-Texas shouldn’t be one of them.
Beebe said one of the duties of a conference is to protect a league’s traditions, and he said OU-Texas played in October during the Texas State Fair is a tradition not to be trifled with.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 82322Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14350Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8268Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7560Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7513How to help tornado victims
- 6279Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5999Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5884Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5788Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 5685OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients