Big 12 football: Turner Gill exuberant
“Good morning!,” Turner Gill exclaimed to open Big 12 Media Days on Wednesday. “I’ve got a smile on my face.”
He didn’t have to tell us. The new Kansas coach (and former Nebraska quarterback) was effervescent in address the conference press corps. “I just got my family moved from Buffalo, N.Y., to Kansas,” Gill said. “I’m ready to go.”
Gill’s happy face extended all the way to suspension of reality. When asked what was going through his mind in June, when conference realignment threatened to leave the Jayhawks without a decent option for a league home, Gill said, “I didn’t get caught up in that. I was focusing on the season.”
Gill faces a difficult first year at Kansas. The Jayhawks are picked fourth in the Big 12 North and have Georgia Tech (home) and Southern Miss (road) in the non-conference. KU does have a little weaker conference schedule, playing Baylor, OSU and Texas A&M.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14862OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11951Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8347Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6661Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6166Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5685Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4422Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4121Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4098'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
- 4034Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients