Big 12 football: Beware the Pinstripe Bowl
Our annual poll of college football fans always is fun and revealing. Like, more than half of both OU (73 percent) and OSU (57 percent) fans support moving the Bedlam game to December when the Big 12 title game goes away. Like, Ryan Broyles (63 percent) and DeMarco Murray (62 percent) were named the favorite Sooner or best Sooner on the team. Like, 52 percent of OSU fans are fine with Thursday night games.
And I always like to see where the fans think their teams will land in a bowl. No one, of course, predicted Sun Bowl for the Sooners last year, but some nailed the Cowboys being in the Cotton Bowl.
What jumped out at me this time was that five of 100 OSU fans predicted the Pinstripe Bowl, the new game organized and sponsored by the New York Yankees. The game matches a down-the-line Big 12 school against a Big East opponent.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7342Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6304Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6142UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients