OU football: Halloween plan, dress like a coach
OU is encouraging fans coming to the Colorado game Saturday to dress as their favorite Sooner football coach. Now that’s a great Halloween idea. It’s not as cool as the band playing in full Halloween costumes — a tradition that died when some musicians offended sensibilities – but still should be fun.
All kinds of options exist:
* Bud Wilkinson fedoras.
* Howard Schnellenberger pipes.
* Barry Switzer polyester red pants. This is my favorite. I would love to see Bob Stoops and staff decked out some game in red polyester pants.
* Stoops visor.
* Bennie Owen one-armed overcoat.
The Sooner athletic staff will scan the crowd to find the four best-dressed and most easily recognized head coach costumes. During the third quarter, the four winners will be brought onto Owen Field and each awarded a $100 MidFirst Bank gift card.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 78259Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30507Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 26600Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 26566Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7397Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7041Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6928Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6783Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 6285Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 5985Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients