Bedlam football: Scheduling edge to OSU
Barring a Baylor sweep of Oklahoma State (Saturday in Stillwater) and Oklahoma (Nov. 20 in Waco), the Bedlam game Nov. 27 figures to be for the Big 12 South Division title. And OSU has the scheduling edge between now and then.
Both the Sooners and Cowboys go into Texas for road games against disappointing teams — OU at Texas A&M this Saturday, OSU at Texas on Nov. 13. That would seem like advantage OU, but I don’t think so. Texas is in such a funk — three straight home losses, to UCLA, Iowa State and Baylor — that OSU’s drought against the Longhorns (12 straight losses) — seems insignificant. You’d almost call it a wash, OU at A&M and OSU at Texas.
So that takes us to Baylor. The Sooners have to go to Waco, while the Cowboys host Baylor. Advantage OSU.
The remaining game is dead even — OU hosting Texas Tech, OSU at Kansas. Both are absolute locks.
So that takes us to Bedlam, where OSU is at home.
If OU, OSU and Baylor split their games with each other and win all the rest, creating a three-way tie, then Baylor would be eliminated because of divisional record (the Bears lost to Tech). In that scenario, the Bedlam winner would be the South champ.
In other words, the only way Bedlam is NOT for the South title, is if Baylor beats both OU and OSU.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients