OU football: Good news on Murray
DeMarco Murray’s season of redemption continues. Just like Quentin Griffin’s.
Remember in 2002, when some OU fans clamored for Renaldo Works to play ahead of Griffin? By the end of the season, Griffin’s rushing total stood at 1,864 and he had had forged his way to No. 5 on the all-time OU rushing list.
Same with Griffin. Earlier this season, some wondered why freshman Roy Finch wasn’t playing more at tailback. While few wanted Murray on the bench — move him to the slot, was their cry, which OU has to some degree – the inference was clear. Finch is the better ballcarrier.
In the wake of the realization that OU’s offensive line is just OK by most college football standards and inadequate by Sooner standards, Murray’s worth has been revealed. He runs hard — hard, hard, hard — even when there’s not a lot of running room.
In fact, Murray has become a wonderfully versatile player. A superb receiver when out flanked out or curling out of the backfield, but also a bulldozing tailback who rarely breaks a 40-yarder but gets four yards when there’s only room for two.
Murray is up to 64 career touchdowns. He broke Steve Owens’ school record of 57 career TDs. No way will Murray break the NCAA touchdown record — Miami-Ohio’s Travis Prentice scored 78 touchdowns. Murray would need seven against Nebraska and seven in the bowl game, just to tie.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3600Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3343Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3206Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients